Friday, August 04, 2006




this is our patio well most of it and our fountain- where this week we have found that we have 3frogs living in it...2 small and one medium sized one..i think the biggest one is just a green frog and i got a glimpse of him yesterday and he was this marvelous color of bright green..the one picture is one of the small omes..i knew just like field of dreams-if you build it-they will come...all the surrounding houses have large ponds and you can hear the bull frogs nightly giving their wonderful concerts for free...we eventually we have the big pond but i much prefer our little pond and the wonderful noises it makes and i swore that i have been hearing our own frogs give their own concert series nightly....i was right, of course~*~*~*~*~*~*~

8 comments:

Dot said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!! I think it shows you have a healthy environment to have frogs in your fountain (it's a beautiful fountain too).

I am smiling thinking of your frogs seranading you with their nightly concerts!

One Crabapple said...

hey , everything is filling in nice in the yard !!!

I like this! I have not seen it with the grass in that way.

And you have a family of singing toads !

how perfect !

You really have a nice yard and home.
Someday... I will put my feet up and hang out under one of those umbrellas and enjoy the concert too I hope.

love, S.

Daisy Lupin said...

I love frogs I have one that lives in my garden, well actually it goes between my garden where it plays but I think it sleeps in the next door garden where there is a drystone wall withlots of damp nooks.

About my ghost cats...watch this space ...... a couple of people have now asked me so I will do a posting sometime this coming week about them.xx

ButtercupElffly said...

Oh yes, if you build it they will come, We have rock walls now the fairy garden rocks that are going in.. And I have had many frogs and lizards for years now. My favorite are my toads. Thanks for the pictures he looks very happy!!!

Bee

Naturegirl said...

The location of your pond is perfect! You hear the trickle of the water as you relax on your patio! Your little frog is like my Dalty!! We are related
now..good sign when the pond fills with frogs it means there is balance!Are you considering aquatic plants?

One Crabapple said...

I just saw you and the page you did for The Fatbook : Pink & Orange

on Love, Joleen's blog

it looks fantastic !
So much work Girl !!!

I know it almost made you crazy but it is worth it seeing it now.

beautiful !

Anonymous said...

WOW how beautiful your home and backyard are!

FaeryCrafty said...

Wow what a wonderful back yard!!