Wednesday, May 27, 2009

what i have been working on~

here are some things i have been working on while rehabing the knee..i am now longer using the crutches but not allowed to drive... although tomorrow morning i might sneak up to starbucks,
i havent had any coffee for 2days..damn....
anyway, sorry if this grosses anyone out but here goes..one of my stitches broke and i kinda freaked so after i calmed done, i kinda pulled at it and it didnt hurt so i just pulled the sucker out and it didnt hurt..so maybe when the doctor pulls the others out it wont hurt but every time i think about it i get a stomach ache...
this is my first handmade journal that i made for a wreck this journal round robin i am in..inside pages are file folders..pretty cool, huh...
here is the link for the easy-peasy journal..
now i did a fabric spine which is not in the tutorial
i just like to always use some fabric in my journals...


a couple of paintings that i have been working on...

again thanks for all the well wishes from you all....xox

13 comments:

Lani Gerity said...

Wow Kim, these are great! Isn't that easy-peasy journal making tutorial great!?? I love what you did!

Ellen Lyn said...

I missed the easy-peasy journal making tutorial...WAH! But it all looks GREAT!! And I'd let you pull my stitches ANY day, Dr. Kim!

Be careful on your Starbucks run!
xoxox!!

kecia deveney said...

the journal is really cool, kim and i love the paintings. good way to spend your down time, doing art; which is very theraputic! good luck getting those stitches out.just do some deep breathing while it is going on to distract yourself!

kecia deveney said...

where was the link for the easy peasy journal?

beth said...

wow...your hands are sure making up for that gimpy leg of yours !!!
I'm totally impressed !
and no coffee for 2 days....a little bitchy maybe ??
hee hee hee hee

and I'm a stitch puller too....or at least I know I would be under those circumstances...

hugs sweetie !

Unknown said...

Getting the stitches out shouldn't hurt too much. Maybe just a little pinch. Piece of cake! Glad you are getting around and healing up quick. The art work is cool - I especially love the journal.

Maija said...

I would have been in HEAVEN being able to pick and pull at my stitches!! Your journal rocks- fabulous idea.
No coffee for 2 days?!?! Did you do something to make Julie want to torture you?!
ox

martha brown said...

I just LOVE that painting with the three figures. Very shadowy and cool. I hope that your knee doesn't look as yucky now as it does in that picture, LOL -- and I hope that it feels WAY better soon.

Candace said...

Wow, that last photo... intense!!! These are all great, and I am so happy you are getting back into the swim of things -- so to speak.
Take care!!!
Candace in Athens.

nina said...

take good care and i will see you soon. i LOVE the painting.......x

Unknown said...

Found your blog linking around .What very sophisticated and beautiful paintings !! Julie

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The file folder book is Very Impressive! I'm going to search back and find the how-to as I Really, Really Like That Idea!
Nope, pulling at stitches doesn't bother me. You should see some of the stuff I've had to do on the farm...now that would Seriously Gross some folks out! But, it needs doing when you've got animals.
BTW, if it was me pulling at stitches, I'd be thinking...why waste a doc visit? I can just take them out myself -LOL- and Dave would be yelling, "YOU CANNNOT DO THAT!" And I would be saying, "why yes, I can...look at this."
Life is a laugh a minute around here!

Deb L. said...

oooh... love the paintings!