Saturday, February 02, 2008

groundhog day

today is groundhog day and Punxsutawney Phil
saw his shadow so
no
early spring

6more weeks of winter
i do know is i fell down the steps this morning flanked by 2 of my dogs, i missed the last step and all i could think is that please god dont let me break anything...
thanking him, i didnt, just bruises...and how pretty that sight must have
but god love chance marie, she was right there licking my tears away,
i just love that furry stinky breath girl.......so the new laptop is here but cannot use it as something has to be updated in our main computer to connect it to the wireless, so maybe tomorrow, but at least we have it...so i am working on my ATCs for a Artfest ATC bookswap i am in and for a 12 days of Easter swap i am in...so i will be arting this weekend...
it is grey and snowy here in ohio.....

**pictures courtesy of flickr

10 comments:

ButtercupElffly said...

Oh Kim, I hope you are ok???I hate the icy step thing.. Mine are really high and so far I have been spared. I put those rubber slip on cleets on my shoes( got them from QVC) and keep them by the door so when I go out I just slip on my shoes when I need to go out. To take puppies PEE all night!!!

Hugs
B.

Trixie said...

Yikes! I have fallen twice this year on the ice..and to my great embarrassment, both times where on flat surfaces! I am glad your little girl was there to lick your tears..how sweet is that! Great weekend to get your art on, and with my favorites...ATC's!

beth said...

How about if we just call you crash ? or, "did you have a nice trip ?...see you next fall !!

HONESTLY I'm glad it was just bruises, you poor thing !!

The ground hog here in Madison did not see his shadow...so I'm going with him....and my fingers crossed !

hugs to you that you feel better !

Laura said...

Oh no!! You fell down!!! I am sorry! Did you remember my fall on the streets of Chicago?? I am glad Miss Chance Marie was there to give you comfort!!!

and so glad you did not break anything!!!!! I say an evening on the couch with blankies is in order~!

Sending healing wishes!

Kelly Snelling said...

mercy, kim! you be careful! oh my goodness i am so glad you weren't hurt. and that sweet stinky breath chance marie. don't they just make you laugh at yourself when you cry? such a good girl she is. and i'm downright jealous that you and ruth had all that fun without me! i talked to her as she was hitting chicago. it sounds like ya'll had great fun. yay!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I am so glad you were not hurt :) 6 more weeks of winter oh well...but my oh my the snow and ice is beautiful and that cardinal is breathtaking...they are my all time favorite bird.

xoxoxoxox - Cindy

sue said...

Ouch! Glad you bent instead of breaking! I''m terrified of falling on the ice, I'm in rugh enough shape, don't need to add to it!

Naturegirl said...

Whew! So glad you did NOT break something.As you know I did 2 wks.before Christmas and today I went out for my first walk in the snow!Two months of hibernating and I'm finally OUT!! Love the new look to your blog!
hugs NG

Shari Beaubien said...

Goodness! I'm glad you're okay and didn't hurt yourself more seriously. You be careful in that ice!! Hugs, Shari

Julie H said...

Oh kim I am so very glad you are OK, and so pleased your lovely dog was there for comfort. gorgeous photo's to colour my day.